Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thunnus Albacares aka Yellowfin Tuna, Aint No Chicken of the Sea

November 24, 2009

Winter is finally here and my days on the water will be fewer. In a way it’s a good thing because it will keep me indoors and perhaps I will get some work done. For those unaware, I worked at the Jack Dennis Fly Shop in Jackson, Wyoming for over twenty-three years! In August I gave my resignation and October 25, 2009 was my last day. From here on out I pay the bills solely working for myself.

My new career will continue in the fly fishing business. For years I have spent much of my time on the road speaking at fly fishing clubs and sport shows. In 2010 I will do even more of this. I am also an artist and will follow my dream of making this a major part of my career. I sell my work on my website and through the Wyoming Gallery in Jackson, WY. With my new free time I plan to become a better artist, explore more mediums, exhibit at art shows and expand into more galleries.

Although I won’t be fishing as much for the next couple months, I expect to get out at least once a week and report about each wintry adventure. I will also report on my progress with the new career beginning today. I just completed my first painting of a yellowfin tuna. This is a Christmas present so I won’t give too many details other than it was caught on a fly rod. I can tell you from experience, tuna, specifically yellowfin tuna, are the hardest fighting fish in the world!

Global Fly Fishing Web Site

No comments:

Post a Comment