Wednesday, October 21, 2009

High on Fish, Super Glue and Harriman Ranch

In a week I leave for California to speak at the Long Beach Casting Club and then fish the Southern California coast for a few days before heading to Baja. The main focus of Baja is to catch a striped marlin on the fly! That's a tough itinerary to pack for and today I dedicated 12 hours to getting ready. All I can say is I rigged a bunch of RIO fly lines on Ross Reels and my hands are scared from numerous Whipped Loops, Bimini Twists and I have a serious buzz from all the Pliobond and Zap-A-Gap I sniffed. Nonetheless, I'm nearly ready.

Tomorrow I leave early to take my Doc, Dennis Butcher, on a
carp trip to pay him back for my last physical years ago! And hell, perhaps Thursday I'll fish the Harriman Ranch, on the Henry's Fork one more time!


Global Fly Fishing Web Site

No comments:

Post a Comment