Friday, April 1, 2011

Wow Long Flight. . . Easy on the Ambien

 
You could say we were a little surprised this morning when we woke to the wheels touching down in Syria. We got on the wrong flight last night! No water. No fishing. And no fun at all! Just kidding. Happy April Fools !!!!!!!

Actually we’re in South Africa. We’re more that 3/4th the way to Nose Be, Madagascar. It was exactly 29 hours from Victor, Idaho to Tambo Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa. This is the third time Granny and I have passed through here in route to other countries in Africa, but it is the first time we ever had to overnight here.

Only a few years ago we would have sprawled out in a dark corner in the airport. But being this is our anniversary we opted to taxi to the Protea Hotel in Johannesburg. Of course we are exhausted and jetlagged but I insist we head out and check out the town. Who knows when we’ll be in Joberg again? So we are drinking SF beers and watching the Chicago Cubs game on my computer.

Does life get any better???

Jeff Currier Global Fly Fishing Website

1 comment:

  1. I have been taking ambien for two months now and I find if I don't take it one night that when I wake up at say 12:30 a.m. that I can't get back to sleep and will stay awake until sunrise.

    ReplyDelete